Implantation bleeding or Irregular Periods

Q: Hi my period was supposed to be last Saturday but I have irregulars periods and i thought what I was getting was my period but my periods are usually very heavy and this time it was just light spotting for like mayber three days and its like old looking brown do you think it could be implantation bleeding

Symptoms:  Light spotting

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days and menstrual flow for 3 to 7 days can be considered as normal only.
If you are having history of unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
Brown color usually indicates collected blood in the uterus.
If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy and implantation bleeding, please go for urine pregnancy test once.

Hope this helps.
Take care.