September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers (queue) > Is this blood from implantation or an early period? (Image)

Is this blood from implantation or an early period? (Image)

Patient: So I had unprotected sex on the 21st when I believe I should have been ovulating. My partner finished inside me. So I was expecting my period to start on the 4th (it’s not ALWAYS exactly on time). I’ve been having to pee a lot lately and have also had mild cramping similar to that of a period for about a week now.

Today I noticed some blood when I wiped..it was pinkish and not very much. As the day has gone by there has been a bit more. It covers the whole sheet of tissue paper but it’s not heavy like my periods usually are. I’ve heard however that implantation bleeding is only a few drops? Is this possibly implantation or an early period? The photos I included are progression of the blood throughout the day when I use the restroom.

Symptoms: Mild vaginal bleeding, urinating more frequently, slight abdominal cramps

Implantation bleeding or pe...-1 Implantation bleeding or pe...-1 Implantation bleeding or pe...-1

Doctor: This question is currently in cue to be answered. If you would like to Ask The Doctor your own question, please click here.