Importance of taking the pill at the same time every day

Patient: I am currently on the birth control pill Levora, and I am on my third cycle. I have a really hard time remembering it take it at the same time every day and the time i take the pill every day usually varies by about 3 to 4 hours, how much will this affect the effectiveness of my birth control?

Doctor: It is considered better to take the pill same time everyday so that you do not miss any pills in between and you have ma ximum protection. The time of your pill is not of much concern, as long as you take the pill each day, but it is best to take it the same time, for example when you brush in the morning or at bed time or you may select any particular time or activity of the day that helps you co relate and remember the pill.It is considered better to take the pill same time everyday so that you do not miss any pills in between and you have maximum protection. The time of your pill is not of much concern, as long as you take the pill each day, but it is best to take it the same time, for example when you brush in the morning or at bed time or you may select any particular time or activity of the day that helps you co relate and remember the pill.