Important question about bleeding after ovulation

Q: I started taking birth control last Thursday and then I took an ovulation predictor test on Saturday and it came back positive. My boyfriend and I had intercourse Friday Saturday and Sunday. I started spotting yesterday(Monday) and now this morning(Tuesday) I am bleeding mildly with some cramps. I want to know if I can still be pregnant since I had sex during ovulation?

A:   Thank you for your query.
Birth control pills should be taken accurately from day 5 to day 25 of the menstrual cycle to have an effective contraceptive effect. Generally if there is an ovulation & around the same time if you have unprotected sexual intercourse there are chances of a conception but if bleeding is there moderately not just spotting then the chances of a conception are low.However if you do not get your menstrual cycle even after 7 to 10 days past the expected menstrual cycle date it is advisable to opt for a home pregnancy test.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.