Impotence after surgery

Patient: I recently had my bladder and prostate removed due to cancer, this has left me impotence, is there anything I can use to gain an erection

Doctor: Your complaint about erectile dysfunction is a quiet common side effect of prostatectomy. There are few surgeries of pro statectomy to spare the nerves that help in erection, but since you had cancer, this kind of surgeries can’t be helpful. In most of the cases erectile dysfunction is temporary and returns back. Psychological assurance along with counselling would be helpful. Sometimes drugs which help to attain erection are prescribed along with physical stimulation like vacuum pumps, penile prosthetics, etc. Erection rehabilitation helps for few patients. Consult the surgeon who has performed the surgery, as he can suggest you the appropriate treatment to gain almost normal erection.