Impotence and sexual activity

Patient: Hello,I’m 17 years old. I am starting to become more sexually active. I’ve noticed when I’m with my girlfriend, I am unable to get a full erection. OCCASIONALLY, I will get 50%-60% Erect but rarely ever a 90%-100%. I have been with a decent amount of woman, and I am far from anxious or nervous when it comes to things like this.If anything, I am actually extremely comfortable emotionally and physically with other females.I am extremely frustrated and discouraged by the fact that I am unable to acquire an erection. I might have somewhat low libido. But, overall I want to be able to physically engage with my significant other, and as long as this problem is of occurrence, I feel like there is no chance of that… I am an extremely healthy individual inside and out. Is there a reason for this happening to me? Is there a way I can fix the issue? Is there a medication right for me? I have considered trialling Cialis, and I would only use it when needed. Could any true harm come from taking this medication every so often ?

Symptoms: Impotence

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.There could be multiple reasons for erectile dysfuncti on. Many of the reasons are psychological and are related to your poor relations with your partner or it could be due to some of your bad sexual experiences in the past. Coming to the other causes, we need to rule out diabetes, hypertension, low testosterone.Do meet your Doctor and get these causes ruled out. In case no organic or hormonal reasons are found, then the psychological causes need to be ruled out.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.