Impotence: Can not get an erection.

Patient : I'm 58 years old and up to about a year ago, I became what I'll call totally impotent simply because no matter what or how I try, I can not longer achieve an erection. Do you need more information on giving me an answer as to how to find out if this is permanent or temporary?
Doctor :   Hi. Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor. You anxiety is understandable. Apart from what you are expecting, slowne ss or frequency getting reduced is common as we age. Here is a list of causes of Erectile Dysfunction: - Diabetes - Heart disease - Blood vessel diseases - Medication If you think you have any of the above, please talk to your Doctor. All the best.