October 24, 2018

Impotence: Can not get an erection.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Impotence: Can not get an erection.

Patient: I’m 58 years old and up to about a year ago, I became what I’ll call totally impotent simply because no matter what or how I try, I can not longer achieve an erection. Do you need more information on giving me an answer as to how to find out if this is permanent or temporary?

Doctor: Hi. Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.You anxiety is understandable. Apart from what you are expecting, slowne ss or frequency getting reduced is common as we age. Here is a list of causes of Erectile Dysfunction:- Diabetes- Heart disease- Blood vessel diseases- MedicationIf you think you have any of the above, please talk to your Doctor. All the best.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No