Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > In 2007, I did a lumber spine surgery on my

In 2007, I did a lumber spine surgery on my

Patient: In 2007, I did a lumber spine surgery on my left lower back. Ever the surgery and treatment after, I never felt any back pain. Now it has been 2 months and the pain is back but I noticed that the pain is different. What happen? I was 21 when I had the surgery. Now I’m 29.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It may be possible that you may be having disc prolapse. It can be confirmed by MRI of lumbar spine. Its primary treatment is rest in lateral position with both hips and knees flexed. Analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief can be taken. You can get your vitamin D test to rule out its deficiency.If found deficiency then its supplement ( vitamin D3) can be taken. Back Excercises and physiotherapy are helpful after pain reduction . Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.