In 3 days i will be 16 weeks pregnant

Patient

Q: In 3 days i will be 16 weeks pregnant. ive been doing crystal meth since before i found out i was carrying. i havent stopped for more then a couple days. i use at least 4 times a week if not daily. i also drink liquor maybe once every two weeks an i smoke about a pack of cigarettes every two days. IS MY BABY MORE THWN LIKEY GOING TO COME OUT WITH BIRTH DEFECTS? HOW CAN I GET HELP? SHOULD I HAVE AN ABORTION?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

I am afraid, but you have been practicing everything liking crystal meth, smoking, drinking which ideally should not be practiced in the first trimester of pregnancy as it increases the chances of congenital anomalies in the child. At 16 weeks, it is suggested that a quadruple marker test may be done soon to estimate the risk for aneuploidies and then followed by an ultrasound to look for any evident structural anomalies especially cardiac or abdominal. It is mandatory that you visit your physician soon and seen assistance for abstaining from these vices and if there is any possibility or indication of fetal deformity or abnormality then you can discuss the option of abortion with your clinician and take an informed decision.