In April, I was going through birth control options with

Patient: In April, I was going through birth control options with my gynecologist when the Depo shot popped up. I voiced my concern about all of the symptoms and reviews I had read online and he convinced me that they were all very rare. I have been on the birth control shot since April 14 and since then my hair has started falling out, I have really bad mood swings, I feel tired all of the time no matter how much I sleep, and my breasts have not stopped hurting since i got the injection, like hurting so bad if they are touched it makes me want to cry. I’ve gained 20+ pounds since I’ve started the injection with no change in eating habits, and I have had the worst periods I’ve ever had since I started it.I don’t know if this is normal? Or if there is anything I can do about it, except wait for it to clear my system. Should I be worried?

Symptoms: Hair loss, mood swings, excessive weight gain, breast tenderness, worsening of periods

Doctor: