In August 2014 I got a kidney infection Ever since

Patient: In August 2014 I got a kidney infection. Ever since then my kidney area hurts constantly, and I always have a bladder infection. After I pee, I still feel like I have to pee really bad even though I don’t. I also have headaches, chest pain, nausea, and bone/muscle pain everyday. I’ve seen a urologist twice who has given me no answers. What is this? i always have high wbc in my urine even with no infection and my CRP inflammatory levels are high also

Doctor: Hello.Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from a chro nic cystitis and hence always have symptoms suggestive of a urinary tract infection. Increased urinary urgency, lower abdominal pain, myalgia, WBC’s in urine, are all suggestive of an infection.This should not be neglected, hence if this urologist is not very helpful, you can always seek an alternate opinion.Your infection seems chronic and needs an antibiotic course for at least a month ( recommended in such chronic infections ). I would advise you to get a CT KUB – to confirm the diagnosis, as well as a urine culture done to find out the exact organism. The culture sensitivity report will also help in choosing the appropriate antibiotic. Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 3-4 weeks is recommended for chronic infections.So kindly meet another urologist and get the required tests done.Hope this was helpful.Regards.