Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > In my right leg, just below my knee my shin

In my right leg, just below my knee my shin

Patient: In my right leg, just below my knee my shin area has dull pain (pain level 2-3 on a scale 10), when I touch the area it feels like it numb.

Symptoms: Dull pain, numbness

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.This is a common running injury and occurs often in people. You can help treat it by fo llowing RICE treatment.Rest the area and avoid running or putting weight on the leg. Use crutches if needed.Ice the area for 15 minutes at a time every hourCompress the leg by using a crepe bandageElevate the leg by placing it on top of 2 pillowsIf the pain is not gone in 5 days, see a Doctor. All the best.Hope this helps you.