In my right leg, just below my knee my shin

Patient : In my right leg, just below my knee my shin area has dull pain (pain level 2-3 on a scale 10), when I touch the area it feels like it numb.
Symptoms:  Dull pain, numbness
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. This is a common running injury and occurs often in people. You can help treat it by fo llowing RICE treatment. Rest the area and avoid running or putting weight on the leg. Use crutches if needed. Ice the area for 15 minutes at a time every hour Compress the leg by using a crepe bandage Elevate the leg by placing it on top of 2 pillows If the pain is not gone in 5 days, see a Doctor. All the best. Hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: My name is Carlton Jackson. My date of birth is April 3, 1955. In the spring of 1973 I hyperextended my left knee w...

Q: I ama 68 year old female who has been very active. Have not been exercising during last month due to cataract surger...

Q: My daughter was playing volleyball and dove/slide in for the ball. She said it hurt her right knee. But she was outsi...

Q: My knee is severely swollen (size of a grapefruit). I had an xray which was normal. It hurts a ton on the inside of m...

Q: When i went up the stairs i got knee pain as if its twisting on the inside. INtense pain for at least 5 minutes cant ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon