Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > In October 2013 I ruptured my right Achilles Tendon.

In October 2013 I ruptured my right Achilles Tendon.

Patient: In October 2013 I ruptured my right Achilles Tendon, an as of late I’ve been having a burning sensation in my calf, not sure why this is happening?

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.The skin sensation of partial numbness or pins and needles or a type of burning, tin gling or creeping sensation of the skin, is known as a paresthesia. Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness is usually a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured.Here are the few causes:-Blood Vessel Distress-Peripheral Neuropathy-Electrolyte Imbalance-ArthritisIf the problem continues then please seek immediate medical attention. Talk to your Doctor about it.I hope this will help you. Take care.