In October 2013 I ruptured my right Achilles Tendon.

Q: In October 2013 I ruptured my right Achilles Tendon, an as of late I've been having a burning sensation in my calf, not sure why this is happening?

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

The skin sensation of partial numbness or pins and needles or a type of burning, tingling or creeping sensation of the skin, is known as a paresthesia. Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness is usually a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured.

Here are the few causes:
-Blood Vessel Distress
-Peripheral Neuropathy
-Electrolyte Imbalance

If the problem continues then please seek immediate medical attention. Talk to your Doctor about it.

I hope this will help you. Take care.