Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Inconsistant periods

Inconsistant periods

Patient: I miss a period one month have next.bn goin on for while.I missed period last month and spotted this month for couple days then started heavy flow.it has lasted 14 days now.not pregnant and legs ache,tired feelin.also have sinus infection.

Symptoms: cold then hot

Inconsistant periods-1

Doctor: Thank you for your query.When the bleeding does not stop even after 7-10 days and most importantly if it is heavy blee ding it is advisable to see the doctor immediately. Probably if menopause is nearing the periods start to become irregular, or if there is presence if fibroids etc it can lead to prolonged bleeding. Therefore drop in to see a doctor Obs/Gyn who will do the necessary investigations and do scan to know the underlying cause for the prolonged or severe bleeding.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.