Incontinence Embarrassment

Q: I'm having a lot of embarrassment over bringing up my bladder control issues with a doctor. I have had these issues with frequency and leaking for a really long time. I'm a 26, male and have extreme anxiety that I have just started to work on in the last year, especially toward doctors or the medical field in general. It has been just simpler for me to wear absorbent briefs (adult diapers) for the issue than confront the issue. However I now know that this is causing me more anxiety and isolation. As well, I worry that there may be an underlying issue, possibly diabetes, that could allow the condition to be better controlled. Plus there have been some more recent dermatological problems, ie. diaper rash/sores that have arisen and seem to be persistent. How may I best bring up this issue?

Symptoms:  urinary frequency, leakage, diaper rash/skin lesions, muscle spasms/ tremors, fatigue, weight loss, severe headaches