Incontinence in a teenager.

Patient : Is it normal for a teenage boy to wet his pants when coughing or blowing his nose?
Symptoms:  Incontinence
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query. It is not normal for any child above the age of 5 to w et his/her pants. Some kids develop bladder control at late ages but almost none will not develop it by their teens. There can be a neurological cause or a Development issue which has led to this. The best way to combat this would be to consult a Urologist who will first try to find the cause. The treatment can be behavior therapy and water restriction in some cases and if needed, surgery can be undertaken.