Increase in height. Is there a surgical method?

Patient: Hello.I am 19 years old male. I Would like to increase my height from 175 to 185.Is there any safe surgical method? Will I be able to live an active life after that surgery?I am a powerlifter and planning an army career.Will my bode be able to receive such physical exercise?Or is there a permanent non-surgical method? Plates fuse closed 3 years ago.Thank you.

Doctor: Thank you for your question.At present, there is only 1 method by which orthopedic surgeons can lengthen bones. It is known as distraction osteogenesis and involves cutting the bones of the legs, and slowly pulling them apart over several weeks as new bone forms in the gap. It is predominantly used for treating patients with leg length discrepencies. At the moment, I do not believe that this is a widely offered surgical intervention for the purposes of increasing height. If you are planning on entering the army, I would definitely avoid any intervention that has the potential of weakening your bones.