Increased alcohol intake and dehydration with orthostatic hypotension

Patient: My father recently was discharged from the emergancy room with a diagnosis of Orthostatic Hypotension and Near-Syncope. He has battled low blood pressure and dehydration. My father consumes 3-4 beers during the day and a 8oz glass of scotch during the news and a glass of bourbon prior to bed. When I asked my parents about the effect of alcohol on his diagnosis, they responded that it had no effect. I need to know id his alcohol consumption is making his condition worse. His quality of life consists of watching TV all day.

Doctor: Men should not consume more than 2 units or 28 grams of any alcohol beverage per day. Your father’s alcohol consumption n may be one of the cause for his dehydration and orthostatic hypotension. He needs to reduce his alcohol intake as mentioned above and get physically active with daily walks or any other exercise to lower his risks associated with chronic heavy drinking and sedentary lifestyle.