Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Increased frequency in the urge to urinate?

Increased frequency in the urge to urinate?

Patient: Why do I have to pee constantly? I’m male, 17. Weight 139. I have the urge to pee seconds after I have Lready peed. It’s bothering me because I use the restroom and right after I get out I have to go again.

Doctor: Increased frequency in the urge to urinate could be a sign of underlying urinary tract or bladder infection. An overacti ve bladder could be the result of cystitis, underlying diabetes or a neurogenic bladder.Your doctor may run tests like an ultrasound abdomen, urinalysis and culture to determine the cause. In certain cases, a cystoscopy may be required to diagnose inflammatory process in the bladder.