Increased frequency of clear urine, is this normal?

Q: Hi my age is 21 and height is 5.57 feet. Whenever I drink water after that few minutes later I need to go to urinate, and the urine is colourless. Like water. After urinating I feel tired. I think the correct word would be "fatigue". In the morning the colour of my urine is slightly yellow. I also feel pain in my stomach at the position of the kidney on the left and sometimes on the right. I think my body is not letting out the toxins within through the urine. Therefore the urine is colourless and the urine that I see in the morning is slightly coloured but not as much as it used to be when I was in a good health condition. Please tell me what could be the problem.

A:   Urine is normally pale yellow or straw coloured. Increased frequency and amount of colourless or clear urine may be a symptom of diabetes insipidus -  a condition in which the kidneys are unable to concentrate the urine and conserve water as normal, leading to increased water push out. It is different from diabetes mellitus in that it is not associated with blood sugar levels or other problems associated with it. You may consult your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.