Increased tiredness and vaginal spotting.

Patient : Over past week I have been extremely tired, sleeping like 9 hours a night and sometimes taking afternoon naps. I have also lost my appetite, just eatin little things because I have to. Ive also been really emotional, feeling tearful over everything. Also over past 9days I have had an unusual period, just randomly spotting, very light I had the implant fitted in my arm in march this year. However I was wondering if there is any chance that I could be pregnant??
Doctor :   Although It seems unlikely that you may be pregnant, I would however advice you to get a urine pregnancy test just to be sure. Your symptoms of tiredness and lethargy could be caused due to emotional stress or thyroid problems. If your symptoms don't improve, I would advise seeing your doctor for further evaluation.