Increased urinary frequency and irritation.

Patient

Q: Hi, I think I might have a potential urinary problem, so I wanted to know if this was normal. Im a 22 year old male, and recently I noticed something strange when I urinate. When I get close to finishing urinating, my stream seems to settle to a constant drip and then end. Though, after my urination ends, if I flex the muscle down there, some more urine squirts out, and I can do this 2-3 times before it stops. Also, sometimes when im done urinating, I still get a sensation, and if I wait, more urine will come out. This had never happened before, and I had only noticed it about a few months ago. I also feel as if im going to the bathroom more frequently, about once every hour - hour and a half. So any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Doctor

A:   This may due to urinary bladder irritation due to a urinary tract infection. I would advise you to get a urinalysis to rule out an infection. Drinking plenty of water will help in minimizing the symptoms and flushing out the bacteria. Take care.