Increasing Knee and Hip Pain

Q: Since I was fifteen, I have been having trouble with my right knee. April of 2012 I got knee surgery to tighten up the inside muscle on my right leg (the MCL I think?) by pleating and suturing. Almost three years later both knees swell and turn purple after standing for short periods of time. Also, if I put more weight on one leg, a sharp pain occurs in my hip. Is this just loose knees or could there be something else going on?

Symptoms:  Pain, swelling, discomfort

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
I would advise you to get MRI of both knees done.
Probably you have got ligament tear of the knee joints.
I am worried about puple discoloration that you are experiencing.
I would advise you to get workup done for coagulation disorders as you might be bleeding into joints.
See your doctor and share my opinion.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.