Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Increasing Knee and Hip Pain

Increasing Knee and Hip Pain

Patient: Since I was fifteen, I have been having trouble with my right knee. April of 2012 I got knee surgery to tighten up the inside muscle on my right leg (the MCL I think?) by pleating and suturing. Almost three years later both knees swell and turn purple after standing for short periods of time. Also, if I put more weight on one leg, a sharp pain occurs in my hip. Is this just loose knees or could there be something else going on?

Symptoms: Pain, swelling, discomfort

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I would advise you to get MRI of both knees done.Probably you have got ligament te ar of the knee joints.I am worried about puple discoloration that you are experiencing.I would advise you to get workup done for coagulation disorders as you might be bleeding into joints.See your doctor and share my opinion.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.