Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Increasing medication

Increasing medication

Patient: If Ihave been taking effexor xr 150 mg. and clonazapam 0.4 mg. twice a day for over a year and I’m experiancing depression would it help to contact my doctor to increase one or both drugs?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is important to consult your prescribing physician before increasing one or both of your medication. It is not a simple method of increasing your dosage to treat your depression. It is possible that you may need to have your medication changed to a completely different one as the current medication is no longer working for you. We strongly recommend that you consult your physician and have a complete evaluation before your medication regimen is changed.AskTheDoctor.com would like to wish you a speedy recovery.