Increasing medication

Patient : If Ihave been taking effexor xr 150 mg. and clonazapam 0.4 mg. twice a day for over a year and I'm experiancing depression would it help to contact my doctor to increase one or both drugs?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is important to consult your prescribing physician before increasing one or both of your medication. It is not a simple method of increasing your dosage to treat your depression. It is possible that you may need to have your medication changed to a completely different one as the current medication is no longer working for you. We strongly recommend that you consult your physician and have a complete evaluation before your medication regimen is changed. would like to wish you a speedy recovery.

Related Q&A

Q: My virgin girlfriend's (Chinese, age 24) hymen is a thin strip of flesh with bumps on top and (from what I see) a sma...

Q: Dear Sir I am recently married on last sunday and enjoying sexual life happily but from the day i am doing sex 4...

Q: I just sex for the first time about 48 hours ago. I bled from the tearing of the hymen. It has not bled since that ni...

Q: Hi recently took a girl back to my room we never had sex at any stage however. We both rubbed our genitals with no pe...

Q: Days after having sex with my girl . I have bladder pain and I use the restroom frequently . The first time this happ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon