Increasing more than recommended Iron dosage for anemia

Patient

Q:
I am anemic, and I was recommended liquid Floradix as I have Crohn's and apparently other forms can upset your stomach. The recommended daily dosage is 20 mL, can I take more to get my iron levels up and then move on to the recommended dose? What would you suggest?

Doctor

A:   Certainly not, I would suggest you to take only the recommended amount which is 10ml twice a day for a total of 20ml daily.
There are also other natural sources of iron that you might want to try such as eating cow’s liver or spinach. I wish you the best.