Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Increasing Sperm Quantity

Increasing Sperm Quantity

Patient: Hi, I’m married since 5 years and since then we are trying to concieve . However , when we went to the doctor he found that I had low quantity of sperm ( less than 1 milion ) . He advised us to IVF operation and unfortunately non of them sucsseeded . We are now trying to repeat the procedure once again this month . Yesterday , he descriped three types of medicnes ( 1-Selnenium-ACE 2-L-carnitine 500 mg 3-stresstabs with zinc(wyeth)) in order to increase the sperm quantity. I wonder , are those tabs will do the job ?? Is there any tabs you recommend to have the number increasing ?? Regards,

Doctor: The medications will help to increase the sprem count but will not cancel the need for IVF. So taking the medications wi ll increase the likelihood of the IVF being successful this time. Good Luck!