Indigestion/red eyes

Patient : I have bad indigestion, stomach acid, puffy eyes, and eye dryness, as well as a slight headache- not sure what is going on?
Symptoms:  Red eyes, dry eyes, indigestion, stomach acid,
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from acute ga stroenteritis. The eye dryness could be due to dehydration and you need to make sure you are adequately hydrated. Acidity is associated with indigestion. You need to avoid food items like: Liquor, wine, coffee, and tea. Grains. Macaroni and cheese, spaghetti with marinara sauce. Dairy. Sour cream, milk shake, ice cream, regular cottage cheese. Ground beef, chicken, potato chips, orange juice, cranberry juice, e.t.c All these food items can further increase your heartburn causing discomfort. Stick to a bland diet, and keep drinking adequate water. Besides, if you develop loose stools, you will need to consult your physician and start on antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for 3-5 days. You also need to take probiotic capsules which will aid further digestion. If the frequency of loose stools increases ( > 3/ day ), then you can take Loperamide SOS for relief. The acidity related symptoms should come down after you start taking bland diet. If it still does not subside, you need to take Rabeprazole 20 mg once before breakfast. This will reduce acidity related symptoms. Hope this was helpful, Regards.