Infected blister beside broken nail

Patient

Q: Blister like bump next to damaged fingernail, very painful - what could it be? A

Symptoms:  Four months ago I smashed my nail in a kitchen cabinet - it's now growing back, almost 75% of the way out. Hasn't been painful or infected at all until this past weekend. The nail started growing into the side of my finger, about to be an ingrown nail - so I clipped the corner of the nail, and in the process a very tiny piece of skin was clipped. That tiny spot of skin has now formed a relatively large blister like formation right at the upper corner of my nail. And the tip of my nail is now yellow. The finger is swollen and extremely sensitive to the touch, I keep it wrapped and clean all day - but if it bumps into anything the pain is tremendous. Underneath this formation, there is a very small amount of pus that will ooze out, but the bump/blister itself isn't filled with anything - it's like it's just a big piece of soft tissue, but it's connected to my skin and it is coming from where that tiny cut was. I have tried to drain it twice to no avail, so of course now I'm leaving it alone - but what is it if it's not a blister filled with something? I saw my doctor today and he gave me antibiotics, and said it could be a blood blister - he didn't really look at it too intensely. But looking up blood blisters, to my understanding - they're filled with blood, correct? So again what is this if it's not filled with anything? If I even try to push it to the side a little bit to drain the pus from beneath it the pain is unbearable. And around this blister is where my finger is very swollen and warm.

I have looked all through nail infections and types of blisters, but I haven't found anything that describes this. I'm a 28 year old female, no nail biting problems.
Doctor