Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Infected keloid scar

Infected keloid scar

Patient: I have a large keloid scar on my chest that has recently formed a ous filled bubble on it. I went to the dr and they made an incision to drain the pus then sent me home with an antibiotic. I know have another bubble forming. What should I do?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that this infected keloid will continue to drain from the incision until the antibiotics you are taking completely clear the infection. If you noticed that a large swollen pus filled are is redeveloping, it is possible that you will need to have this examined once more, and possibly drained again. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor if this swelling continues and you develop pain and tenderness in the area. Please be guided accordingly.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com