Infected Wound Leaking despite antibiotics

Patient : I have a cut that became infected. I have now been on an antibiotic ointment and a pill for a few days. The wound keeps leaking and it is a constant slow leakage. Is this normal?.
Doctor :   It iwll take a few days for the antibiotics to work. The wound should show signs of healing after about 5 days of antibi otic treatment. If the infection persists despite antibiotics it would suggest that the antibiotics are ineffective and different type of antibiotic or alternative treatment is required. I suggest completing your current course of antibiotics and getting frequent dressings of the wound. If these measures fail to cure your infection then you should return to your physician.