Infertile due to yearlong unnoticed gonorrhea?

Patient : Hello, I was just diagnosed with gonorrhea because my boyfriend cheated. I really don't know since when I have the infection but I am afraid that I got infected at least 3 years ago (because my boyfriend then had a throat infection which got threated with just the same atibiotics). I NEVER thought about getting checkted because I was just with him (got checked before starting to date him and was clear). I had a discomfort for about two months now in the lower abdomen (no real pain but discomfort) and since I found out, even though he always said he had safe sex I needed to know for sure. I am really concerned about infertility right now, so my question now is how posible is it after having it for years. What can I do to get it checked out?
Symptoms:  Discomfort in lower abdomen
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon