Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Infertility and irregular periods along with dryness.

Infertility and irregular periods along with dryness.

Patient: Prolactine test normal, e2 normal, lh and fsh also normal. All ultrasounds are normal. For last tow times periods are irregular and I have to take estil and progestil to have a light spotting for only one day only. I had an abortion in sep 2013 after that I didn’t had any periods for three months and after that periods are irregular. after abortion my weight increased by 6 kg within one month and it’s still increasing but at a very slow rate. In may 2014 I visited doctor and High level of prolactine was diagnosed and medication for one month was given which reduced it and current tests also show that it’s normal. Taking fertility medicine for last one month but with no success. Can it be PID? My age is 24 and we are trying for a baby for last 1.2 years without success. Plz help. My doctor is also confused as to what is the problem….

Symptoms: Irregular periods, Discharge in dates in which periods were supposed, pain in abdominal, delay in periods of 10 to 15 days, infertility

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many caus es.As you ruled out causes like polycystic ovary disease, gonadal hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes, the other possible causes are weight changes, increased insulin levels, increased testosterone levels, general conditions like anemia etc.So, please do consult your doctor, go for investigations like thyroid hormonal profile, hemoglobin, blood sugar levels, free insulin levels, testosterone levels estimation etc. Possibly with this work up the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Weight reduction, progesterone tablets in the second half of the cycle can help in regularization of cycles.Ovulation induction drugs with follicular studies help in finding out the time of ovulation and in increasing the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.