Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Infertility Question

Infertility Question

Patient: I got fingered hard to the point where I bled a bit and it’s been two days and my vagina hurts a bit. what should I do? and does being fingered hard have a risk of infertility?

Symptoms: Tender

Doctor: Hello,It is common after sex and if you have been fingered hard to feel sore in vagina due to vaginal abrasions which generally take 3 to 5 days to heal completely if intercourse or fingering is not repeated again. You may opt to use local application of petroleum jelly locally inside the vagina to promote early healing .With vaginal abrasions, the chances of infertility is minimal so rest assured.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards