Inflamed lingual tonsils

Patient : I noticed 4 days ago a feeling of something in the back of my throat at the base of my tongue. Upon looking I see my lingual tonsils seem to be inflamed and I have some post nasal thing going on with a slight ear ache on my right side. Any thoughts?
Doctor :   Your symptoms are suggestive of tonsillitis or pharyngotonsillitis. It is commonly seen after a viral or bacterial infec tion. A throat swab may be needed to detect group A beta hemolytic streptococcus for which antibiotic therapy is indicated. Oral penicillin, clarithromycin and clindamycin are the antibiotics of choice.