Ask The Doctor > Pending > Inflamed lymph node and ringing in my ears?

Inflamed lymph node and ringing in my ears?

Patient: So I’ve had an inflamed lymph node accompanied by a ringing in my ears that has been going on for the past 3 days. Both the lymph node and the ringing get better and worse, but don’t entirely go away. I’ve also had occasional times where, possibly due to anxiety, my head starts to hurt or feel like it is getting hot. I tried working out today, and working out made my head feel hot, and the ringing got louder, and I got dizzy. My ears also tend to hurt from time to time. I don’t think this is chronic tinnitus or anything, as I’ve only been experiencing it for the past 3 days, and it was accompanied by a swollen lymph node which means my body is fighting off some sort of infection. I called the nurses hotline, and they suggested I wait a couple weeks on all of my symptoms, especially the ringing, before I assume it’s something serious. I was also suggested not to Google diagnose myself, or separate the symptoms considering they occurred at the same time (the lymph node started feeling like a serious issue the day before the ringing began). I’m just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what it might be, what to do, etc. I’ve been falling asleep with the help of cyclic ambient music and white noise to mask the ringing, and also freaking myself out by researching everything, which isn’t good. Any tips on what it might be, and what to do in the meantime? At the moment, I feel kind of dizzy and hot-headed, and the ringing keeps kinda wavering up and down, depending on how my head feels.I’m also only 18 years old, if that’s helpful information.

Doctor: