Information about std's

Patient

Q: I met this girl a year ago she ha been.tested and the dr said she came into contact with an std but said didnt know what type. we are now wanting toget intimate what are the risk for oral? i know we need to use a condom for the rest

Symptoms:  Nome
Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question. There are certainly STD including HIV, risk involved in unprotected oral sex.
First of all we discuss HIV risk:
The risk of HIV transmission through oral sex is much less than that from anal or vaginal sex—but it is not zero.
Performing oral sex on an HIV-infected man, with ejaculation in the mouth, is the riskiest oral sex activity.
Factors that may increase the risk of HIV transmission through oral sex are oral ulcers, bleeding gums, genital sores, and the presence of other sexually transmitted diseases.
Other STD risk:
Herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, and viral hepatitis(A, B & C ) can be passed on through oral sex.

Using barrier protection can reduce the risk of getting an STD. A barrier can be a condom covering the penis or a plastic or latex "dental dam" placed over the vulva or anus.
Hope this helps.