Information regarding testing positive for Herpes Phase 1

Q: Was recently told i tested positive for phase 1 herpes but in a dormant state. is it a disease that is transmitted easily. how do i avoid transmitting it? does it spread while dormant? should i be worried that i tested positive for herpes phase 1? the docter who diagnosed this, said that it was dormant and seemed very relaxed about it. is it likely my girlfriend has gotten it from me. can it be cured?

Symptoms:  None, just had blood work and STD testing done. Was diagnosed with chlamydia and herpes phase 1. took care of the the chlamydia with antibiotics. more interested in details regarding the herpes for my girlfriends sake