Infrared therapy for neuropathy

Patient : Will far infrared therapy socks help with my peripheral neuropathy in the feet. I do not have diabetes and the problem is only in the feet and toes.
Doctor :   Infrared is a superficial type of therapeutic heat which combined with other modalities as ultrasound (deeper heat) or T ENS (transcutaneaous electrical nerve stimulation) are used to control or manage pain and/or discomfort in patients as yourself with peripheral neuropathy. And yes, it helps, combined with other types of therapeutic agents and physical therapy (desensitization).