Inguinal hernia and how it affects the male

Patient

Q: I believe that my husband has an Inguinal hernia on his left side. He has had surgery 2 times for obstructed bowel in the last 7 years, the last one being about 3 years ago. He developed a horrible infection in his bowel after the surgery 3 years ago, which resulted in the incision having to heal from the inside out. My husband refuses to go to his doctor. my question is this.. can an Inguinal hernia cause issues with getting an erection, and also.. can it obstruct the ability to ejaculate??

Symptoms:  My husband says that the hernia does not cause him pain.. it is about the size of a large orange
Doctor