Inguinal lymph nodes

Patient

Q: My inguinal lymph nodes are asymmetrical. On both sides, they could be described as shot and quite small, except 2 specific spots on my right side. One of these is maybe 0.5-0.75cm in size and I need to press a bit to feel it. The other one is about 1-1.25cm long, and instantly noticeable to even a light touch and even a bit visible. There is no pain.

They have pretty much been the same as far back as I can remember, but I have always been somewhat worried that something might be wrong. Even before I learned what they were. Today I decided to Google the description and got a bit worried.

I am a fairly fit 30 year old male, have maintained a fairly steady weight around 145-155Lbs for about 15 years, almost never get sick, and have no serious medical history, other than a bad infection with blood poisoning in my left leg 12 years ago.

Should I be concerned, or is it probably nothing to worry about.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Based on your description it does not seem as though you have any signs of infection. It may be that this is a normal anatomical finding. Should you notice increased swelling of these lymph nodes, increased pain, or swelling in your legs, then we recommend that you consult your doctor for further evaluation.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com