Inhalation of Diesel Fumes and Tremor

Patient

Q: Is there a possibility that breathing diesel fumes and fuel oil fumes for four years could cause or lead to permanent tremor in an individual?

Doctor

A:   Numerous signs and symptoms of fule inhalation may develop.
The acute symptoms may include cough, shortness of breath, hoarseness, headache, and acute mental status changes.
Chronically, the inhalation of fuels can cause severe restrictive lung disease, hoarseness, and shortness of breath.It is possible for the fuel inhalation to cause tremors but there are many more common causes of tremors that should not be overlooked.
I strongly recommend you a thoroughly evaluation by your doctor to determine the status of your respiratory function up to date and if you have another associated condition that might be producing the tremor.