Injury to Right Posterior Hand In between Metacarpophallangeal Joints of Ring and Pinky

Q: I have injured the same part of my hand multiple times in the past 2 months playing sports and diving, landing with part of my body weight being absorbed by my right hand. There seems to be bruising and some scar tissue built up in-between the metacarpophalangeal joints of the pinky and ring finger. The area feels swollen and very dull pain is experienced when pressure is applied to parts of the area. There is no pain in the bones, but there is slight pain in the area during finger extension, but not flexion. There is also a "creaking" feeling at times, much like an old door will creak and make noise. The pinky sometimes tingles or feels warm. If the area is subject to the same injury within a week or two of the past injury, it swells, bruises significantly, and hurts significantly more for the rest of the day.

What should be the method of treatment for this injury? Should I consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon, or should this pass with better treatment and care of the area?

Picture ending in 690 - Photo of affected hand (right)
Picture ending in 405 - Photo of other hand for reference (left)