Injury to the thoracic area

Patient

Q: Hi, On saturday I was pulling something from the ground and heard an audible click in my lower right rib. I have broken them before, the pain today is bad but nothing like when i broke them. It is the same area as last time. 1) what do you think I could of done? 2) I know there is nothing you can do for ribs, should i just take pain killers? Thanks Morgan

Doctor

A:   You may have either caused another rib fracture or a muscle injury. In any condition there is nothing specific that can be done.  You should take rest , apply ice packs and take pain killers to help with the pain. However if you do develop any difficulty breathing please see a physician asap/ All the best.