Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Inner and outer lips of vagina itchy and swollen

Inner and outer lips of vagina itchy and swollen

Patient: Hi , I recently started to experience itching and swelling on the inner and outer lips of my vagina. Looks like some bacterial/fungal infection. There is no discharge though. Can you recommend me an over the counter oral medicine to beat the infection?

Symptoms: Itchiness and swelling of inner and outer lips of vagina

Doctor: Hello,This seems like the onset of yeast infection with itching over vulva. You may use the following antifungals.1. Tab. Fluconazole 300mg stat orally.2. Ointment Clortimazole cream 1% for local application over the vulva thrice in a day for a week.keep the local area dry and free from moisture, this would promote early healing and also avoid sexual activity to prevent any ross infection,regards