Inner and outer lips of vagina itchy and swollen

Patient

Q: Hi , I recently started to experience itching and swelling on the inner and outer lips of my vagina. Looks like some bacterial/fungal infection. There is no discharge though. Can you recommend me an over the counter oral medicine to beat the infection?

Symptoms:  Itchiness and swelling of inner and outer lips of vagina
Doctor

This seems like the onset of yeast infection with itching over vulva. You may use the following antifungals.
1. Tab. Fluconazole 300mg stat orally.
2. Ointment Clortimazole cream 1% for local application over the vulva thrice in a day for a week.
keep the local area dry and free from moisture, this would promote early healing and also avoid sexual activity to prevent any ross infection,
regards