Inquiry about my big toenail

Q: Hello Doctor. I would like to ask a question about my toenail and an incident that occurred not too long ago.

Very recently, maybe two weeks or so ago, I kicked a something very hard and since that day, there has been issues with my toenail. The entire big toenail on my right foot went black - I drained all of the blood after the pain eased and started to drain the pus that was coming out of it as well. I was told that I should expect the toenail to fall off and regrow. Currently, my toenail is empty (meaning that I can see right underneath it to my bare toe (where my toenail is supposed to be attached) and am worried whether or not my toenail will grow out or not. Going by the situation, will my toenail grow out?

If you could answer my worries for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you so much!

Symptoms:  Toenail issues