Inside knee pain hurts when stretched

Patient : Im 55, was dancing 1 month ago, as I was going down, I fell on the inside of my knee. had a hard time walking the next day, iced it, elevated it. was feeling better 3-4 days later. 1 mos later, if I don't elevate it while working at my desk for 8 hrs daily it becomes, stiff, sore & hurt a little. started taking 325mg aspirin (non) Nothing popped, no major pain, very little swelling..when I fell. it doesn't bother me when I touch or rub it. I try to keep it elevated or bent when sitting for long periods of time. approx. how long should it take to heal? do I need to get it x-rayed? thank you :)
Symptoms:  While sitting for long periods of time it gets stiff, sore, a little painful...when I bend it, it's fine, as long as im mobil it's fine. I just started wearing a knee brace to help with the compression. When I stretch my leg it hurts a little.