Insight on lipoma

Patient

Q: I have a small lipoma 7mm lesion in the fornix anterior to the formen of mono what does this all means

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. A lipoma s a non-cancerous tumor composed of fat. Your lipoma is located within your brain within the cerebral aqueducts. The cerebral aqueducts is responsible for the flow of cerebrospinal fluid which cushions and protects the brain. This lipoma is located within the fornix of the cerebral aqueduct in front of the foramen of munro. The foramen of munro is an opening that allows cerebrospinal fluid to flow from one area of the cerebral aqueduct to another. It is recommend that this lipoma be regularly monitored by your neurologist to make sure it will not obstruct the foramen of munro resulting in accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid within the aqueducts. This would result in a condition known as Hydrocephalus.

We hope AskTheDoctor.com has addressed your medical query.