Instantly I woke up with what looks like a blood

Patient: Instantly I woke up with what looks like a blood filled lump under the loose skin on the underside of my left big toe. It hurts when it is pressed. I have not done anything to injure or irritate it for sure. I am completely inactive and have been for several years.

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,A foot lump is a protuberance or localized area of swelling occurring on the foot. O ther terms used to describe the various types of lumps include bump, nodule, contusion, tumor, and cyst. Foot lumps can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors or trauma. Foot lumps caused by infection, inflammation or trauma are usually temporary and subside as the underlying condition resolves. Foot lumps that persist or continue to grow over time may signal more serious conditions, such as tumors.It is better to talk to your Doctor about it. I hope this will help you. Get well soon.