Intense aching pain in the back of the shoulder that worsens after sleep

Patient

Q: I woke up last week with a pain behind my right shoulder, circling around above of the armpit. It started off as a dull ache, but a few nights ago I woke up in agony - an intense aching feeling pain. I've been taking ibuprofen in the day and it has been helping but every time I wake up that agonising aching pain comes back. I have noticed that when I stretch my neck to the left, I get a shooting pain in the affected shoulder. I am confident that it's nothing to do with the joint as I'm able to move my arm around freely (most of the time) without any pain. It physically feels like my shoulder has come out of place, as if the arm has been stretched out of it's socket. I should note that I weight-lift regularly but did not feel any pain whatsoever in the shoulder whilst training before the incident. Thank you.

Doctor