Intercourse question

Patient

Q: Hi, my boyfriend and I had sex today 3 times and the third time the condom broke. But the situation isn't how it seems just as he was putting it in the condom broke and we both jumped away from each other mind you he didn't cum yet either but he did cum the other times we had sex earlier now I'm kind of worried but I'm kind of not because he wasn't even fully inside of me literally just entering but then again I don't know! someone help!!

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse after ejaculation has occurred can still put you at risk for becoming pregnant. The reason for this is that semen can remain within the penile urethra as well at the urethral meatus (opening). During intercourse, even briefly, semen can enter your vagina and subsequently result in impregnation. At may seem unlikely from this very brief encounter, but we recommend that you ere on the side of caution and monitor yourself carefully for signs that you may be pregnant, specifically if you miss your period. If this occurs, please see your doctor immediately to conduct a pregnancy test.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com